The everyday power struggles between law enforcement and the nations' hidden population of independent teens, breed youth to be distrustful of programs offered directly by the government. Most American teens have adopted a “The system isn’t broken, it was built this way” mentality.
The Ark of Refuge bridges this gap by leaving no person uncounted. Our staff understands the factors that prevent these age groups from admitting they need help; Pride. Here are their stories.
2022 IMPACT GOALS
11 % of Budget
32 % of Budget
11 % of Budget
16 % of Budget
7 % of Budget
The Ark of Refuge’s Monitoring Committee basis our impact management off of the
Data and metrics are balanced AND integrated within strategy.
Peer-to-peer data collection
• Engaging individuals currently experiencing homelessness in the data collection process as guides for street count and as surveyors
• Guides are be compensated for their time and expertise at an hourly rate of $15 per hour
A four step data collection process
• 1 day observation based street count (100% canvas)
• Dedicated youth count (targeted outreach)
• Shelter count (HMIS data)
• Survey (sample of individuals residing on the street and in county shelters in the days following the count)
Learning informs strategy. Did learning happen? What resources were utilized most? Do we know why or why not?
The combination input and impact question can create a predicted outcome. The outcome is what Internal and External stakeholders use for decision making.
The result of impact integrated with our organizations strategy to create a more concrete finalized outcome.