501c3 nonprofit organization
ARK of REFUGE,Inc
About the Role
To apply complete the; Application, Resume, Cover Letter, AND COPY THIS SOLICITATION attach and send via email to Support@TheArkofRefuge.Org.
We are looking for someone to work with a multi-faceted social service non-profit serving and responding to the wide-ranging needs of homeless and low-income families and individuals in the community. The Case Manager is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and advocating for the children in care of The Ark of Refuge, Inc.
The Case Manager’s responsibility includes establishing relationships with the children in order to identify their individual needs, as well as maintaining the documentation for how their needs are being met and monitored on a regular and on-going basis.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Daily engagement with clients requesting services.
• Data Entry for general service information
• Provide information and referrals to clients and consumers.
• Case Management and assistance in providing resources and implementing service plan for clients.
• Reports immediately any suspected incidents of child abuse or neglect to the Program Administrator and the Child Abuse Hotline,
• Reports serious incidents and updates to caseworkers.
• Establishes relationships and communicates with the clients/children, caseworkers/probation officers, family members and staff.
• Identifies and seeks resolution for potential problems arising with all involved parties • Attends agency meetings as required.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Support the Program Administrator with program implementation.
• Makes recommendations to Program Administrator for program improvements.
• Creates and maintain current, complete and accurate children files.
• Prepares and submits documentation as required for utilization review by Youth for Tomorrow.
• Coordinates and arranges transportation and staffing for planned outings.
• Develops and implements new training strategies with Program Administrator.
• Participates in staffing meetings as member interdisciplinary team as needed.
• Works with Program Administer in providing community awareness and support for the program.
Strong customer-service orientation
Some familiarity with the nonprofit sector (as volunteer, employee, board member, client, constituent, etc.)
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English (verbal and written, online and in social media)
Experience with business English including spelling and grammar.
Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment • Maintain high professional ethical standards.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Take pride in responding quickly to all inquiries and requests.
Impeccable follow-through skills
Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote • Familiarity with Mac and another Apple products a plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred (not required)
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in professional office environment (nonprofit preferred)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, satisfactory driving record. Also, must have use of a vehicle with current insurance.