About the Role
To apply complete the; Application, Resume, Cover Letter, AND COPY THIS SOLICITATION attach and send via email to Support@TheArkofRefuge.Org.
Social workers work with people affected by emotional, mental, behavioral and medical issues to help them cope with the challenges in their lives.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with children, groups and families to help them deal with issues including abuse, neglect, poverty, unemployment, trauma, social adjustment and childcare.
• Provide social services to improve the social and emotional well-being of children and their families.
• Conduct assessments of the psycho-social problems of the child/family unit.
• Collect relevant supplementary documentation and information to assist in determining treatment plans and interventions.
• Arrange for supplementary tests including medical and psychiatric tests to assist in determining diagnosis and remedial plans.
• Develop and plan social service interventions for alleviating these problems.
• Provide counseling and casework required to address the problem.
• Provide information and refer clients to resources for social, emotional and financial assistance as appropriate.
• Act as an advocate for the child/family in dealing with community resources, government agencies and during the decision-making process.
• Serve as a liaison between children, adults, students, households, schools, family services, healthcare providers, legal entities, protective services and other services.
• Follow up to monitor improvements in client's well-being and efficacy of service providers.
• Intervene and report suspected cases of child and/or adult abuse, violence, neglect and exploitation.
• Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
• Maintain accurate case records and prepare reports.
• A school social worker works with teachers, parents and administrators to evaluate students and develop interventions to improve academic performance and remedy social and behavioral issues such as truancy and poor performance.
Bachelors or master’s degree in social work
Valid and current state license
Certification in case management preferred.
Through knowledge of child development
Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, policies and procedures
Working knowledge of applicable software applications to produce records, reports and documentation.