501c3 nonprofit organization
ARK of REFUGE,Inc
About the Role
To apply complete the; Application, Resume, Cover Letter, AND COPY THIS SOLICITATION attach and send via email to Support@TheArkofRefuge.Org.
The Program and Membership Assistant will support all of the activities of the organization with a focus on membership administration and executive support to the CEO. Reporting to the Membership and Communications Manager the person in this position will have considerable opportunity for growth and learning in the areas of nonprofit management, advocacy, communications, and administrative support. This person will support the Membership and Communications Manager through administration of the member benefits program, updating the online CRM (constituent relationship management), and monthly invoicing.
This person will also support a busy CEO by managing an ever-changing calendar, booking and supporting travel, and completing expense reports. We are a small, energetic staff with an ever-growing list of exciting opportunities, projects, and programs – which means there is never a dull moment!
Executive Support (30%)
• Manage CEO calendar and schedule appointments.
• Work closely with bookkeeper to reconcile CEO expenses.
• Prepare materials for CEO trips and meetings as necessary.
• Prepare written and email correspondence on behalf of CEO.
Membership Administration (40%)
• Maintain and update membership database (CRM)
• Prepare and send out monthly invoicing.
• Process new and renewing memberships and make reminder phone calls.
• Manage membership benefits program (answer questions, new registrations, working with vendors to get reports)
• Write short informational articles for newsletter •
• Support Membership and Communications Manager with projects as needed. Board of Directors (10%)
• Coordinate communications and directives between the CEO and board members, and among board members
• Coordinate and execute special tasks and projects as requested or required.
• Attend and support bi-monthly board meetings
General Administrative (20%)
• Maintain inventory and purchasing of office supplies and coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
• Assist with other projects as assigned which may include filing, copying, bulk mailing, responding to phone inquiries, Excel spreadsheet preparation, office management tasks, coordinating with staff in other offices, etc.
• Assist with events and special projects as requested.
Strong customer-service orientation
Some familiarity with the nonprofit sector (as volunteer, employee, board member, client, constituent, etc.)
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English (verbal and written, online and in social media)
Experience with business English including spelling and grammar.
Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment • Maintain high professional ethical standards.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Take pride in responding quickly to all inquiries and requests.
Impeccable follow-through skills
Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote • Familiarity with Mac and another Apple products a plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred (not required)
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in professional office environment (nonprofit preferred)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, satisfactory driving record. Also, must have use of a vehicle with current insurance.