501c3 nonprofit organization
ARK of REFUGE,Inc
About the Role
To apply complete the; Application, Resume, Cover Letter, AND COPY THIS SOLICITATION attach and send via email to Support@TheArkofRefuge.Org.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The Volunteer Coordinator's responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization's purpose to the public.
A successful Volunteer Coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organization while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
• Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
• Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
• Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
• Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
• Organizing training and leading on-the-job training.
• Keeping schedules and records of volunteers' work.
• Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization's values.
• Ensuring the organization's purpose is conveyed to the public.
• An Associate's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or a related field.
• Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
• Working knowledge of databases.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organization and team-building skills.